Saturday, September 23, 2017

Request - Uma Decendants 2 - (clubanimeanimeartist.blogspot.com)




This is a drawing requested by a student of the character Uma from the Movie Descendants 2





This a a stage where I use shading to add shadows to the drawing before I begin coloring.  Adding shadow shape to a drawing using pencil is a great way to add depth to your art.



I added the shadow texture layer using by using a tight curvy lines pattern (this is because this process take the longest to do for me) and then I use a tool called blending sticks (Tortillions) to smooth over the textured areas.



The paper is student grade watercolor cold press about 45lb.  and is cut to 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size.



After blending the pencil texture pattern with the stump, I spray fixed the design with workable fix.  My next steps will be to add color with color pencil and then finish with marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment